Thursday, 31 December 2015

yarn along





I like to read Ginny's blog "small things"- she has this regular post on Wednesdays called "yarn along".
Although already Thursday, I thought I will try to join this time.

I learned how to knit when I was around seven years old- from my mother and in school. But I never knitted a lot and mostly easy things. I preferred sewing.
But knitting is convenient if you have only a few minutes here and there to spare so I started again to knit some time ago. I even started something I always wanted to know how to do- to knit nice patterns with two different colours. I first knitted a hat for Yotam and finished now the one for Neomi (above). The third one is in work for Helen. They could all choose the animal they wanted me to knit. I lined the inside with a soft fleece fabric.

What am I reading? "The ghost of Hannah Mendes" by Naomi Ragen.
I really like it so far. It is a very interesting story- a mix of history and love story.

Since it is the last day of the year- I wish you all a new year filled with peace, health and lot's of moments filled with laughter and joy.

4 comments:

linda said...

That hat is fabulous what a lot of work and patience! All the best for 2016

Meine grüne Wiese said...

Oh Rahel, schön von dir zu lesen.
Die Mütze ist ja klasse!
Das würde ich mir nie und nimmer zutrauen :-)
Ich wünsche dir und deiner Familie für 2016 auch das Allerbeste,
alles Glück und vor allem Gesundheit!
Ganz liebe Grüße nach Israel
Melanie

Elise said...

I love that hat, what an awesome design! I was going to line a hat I made with fleecy fabric because it was too big, you just reminded me to get some! :)

Lucy Bowen said...

Your hat is splendid, I'm sure she will get loads of use out of it.