a peaceful afternoon


Neomi was bored (once again). She wanted to play on the Computer, she wanted to watch TV. She was very annoyed with me because I did not allow her TV or Computer. She was frustrated and complained for a while until I gave her the task to write a list with ten things she would like to do. After quite some thinking she got her 10 things nicely listed.

One of them was, to make muffins. I scheduled this for the day after. In order to give Neomi (and myself) the space to actually make the muffins with minimal interference from the younger ones, I asked Helen what she wanted to do and she decided to do some watercolour painting.

So I set up the easel outside for Helen and her watercolours. I put up an old wooden board for Yotam to draw on and I printed a muffins recipe in German for Neomi (like this she could also practice a bit her Latin letters).
We had a great, peaceful afternoon.

Neomi made great lemon-poppy-muffins almost all by herself (no pictures).


Helen painted for quite a long time.


Yotam made one drawing with his crayons but decided then that it was much more fun to use his wooden saw to "saw" apart the board. He was busy for a long time peeling off straps of wood.


I can reccommend this list writing. Neomi was busy all week- choosing almost every day something from her list and already wrote a new one.

I try to fit in some activity for myself. I embroidered an owl- now finished I will use it for a lavender sachet- as a present for a very dear person.


Comments

Karen said…
You have a lovely creative family! What a dream to get everyone working creatively and contented. I like the idea of list making. My children have trouble coming up with their own ideas. I will try to remember this for the future.
rahel said…
Karen- not all days are like this, believe me :-)

Popular Posts