purim


Purim is getting closer. On Purim the story of Esther from the Bible is told and the kids dress up. Neomi will be Pippi Longstocking. I sew her a shirt and pants and I am also making her a stick-horse (since Pippi is living with a mokey and a horse). For Helen I am doing a bird-costume... I already cut almost 200 "feathers" from left over fabric... I guess I will have to make "night-shifts" to get everything ready on time.

In the mean time we have some fun with just dressing up and especially Helen likes to make a lot of noise with the collection of rattles (another thing that belongs to Purim). Neomi sings all the Purim-songs and is fascinated by the story of Esther.
For me all the dressing up on Purim is a bit like the "Fasnacht" (carnival) I used to celebrate in Switzerland. Only that the costumes in Switzerland are much more creative...

Comments

Liebe Rahel,
ich wünsche dir noch nachträglich alles Liebe und Gute zu deinem Geburtstag!
Wie? Wann beginnt denn "Purim"? Hast du den Fasching also noch vor dir?
Liebe Grüße
Melanie
Polwig said…
I don't know pipis horse looks really creative to me so does cutting feathers out of fabric. Can't wait to see the costumes.
Rebekka said…
Wunderbare Fotos (insbesondere das letzte!) Sehr fotogen! :-)

Popular Posts